They will obviously be a little different than before with smaller class sizes and other guidelines in place (please take time to read all the safety precautions below) but we’re sure you’ll enjoy them just the same!
If you attended classes before lockdown, we will have contacted you directly by now. If you haven’t heard from us and are interested in returning or are new and would like to join a class, please get in touch as soon as possible to find out which classes are available as each one only has a very limited number of places.
With us opening on more days, there will also be more availability for personal lessons if you still don’t feel comfortable joining a class or prefer learning on a one to one basis.
As you all know we usually operate using pay as you go and we don’t like making people pay in advance for a number of weeks as we understand that things crop up and life can get in the way sometimes but, due to our reduced capacity, we are going to ask that everyone pays for a week in advance. There will only be exceptions if you tell us the week before that you can’t make it the following week. Otherwise, no refunds. Sorry.
Quite a few people have been asking me lately about when the social nights will be back. Unfortunately I don’t have any good news with regards to that just yet. The guidelines clearly state that currently no social/tea dances are allowed 🙁 As soon as we can, we will get the Friday socials up and running again!
We can’t wait to see you all over the coming weeks. We’ll go easy on you for the first few weeks and I’m sure once you get on the dancefloor, you will definitely remember more than you think!
Charlotte & Matt xXx
- Do not attend if you feel unwell or if you or anyone you have been in contact with has Covid-19 or has any symptons of the virus. Please inform us straight away if you are contacted by Test and Trace.
- We ask that you wear a mask when arriving/departing/moving around the Sherwin Club. Masks are not advised when dancing and we won’t be enforcing that you wear one during the class but you can if you wish. Please don’t place masks on the tables.
- Also please refrain from putting bags (inc. shoe bags) and mobiles on the tables or chairs as these carry lots of germs!
- Please use the hand sanitizers provided.
- We allow 15 minutes between all classes/lessons to carry out any cleaning needed so therefore please do not enter the building more than 5 minutes before your class/lesson start time (wait in your car if you arrive early) and please leave within 5 minutes of your class/lesson ending to help keep any overlap between groups at a minimum.
- Please pay by card (preferably contactless) where possible.
- Anyone attending a class/lesson on their own will have to dance solo. We are not dancing with anyone and all teaching is non-contact and socially distanced.
Learn to dance in Derby with affordable lessons
Why start Ballroom dancing?
What our customers are saying …
Charlotte is a fantastic dancer. As a dance teacher, she maintains high attention and patience to ensure the end product is best as can be.
We asked her to help our first dance for our wedding. She handled the job with the highest level of importance and composed a routine that worked perfectly to our first dance song.
If you’re thinking of taking up dancing, I’d definitely give Rendezvous a call.
I have been attending classes at Rendezvous with my husband for a few years and have noticed a real step change in our skills since Charlotte took ownership. So thank you Charlotte for your brilliant teaching and plenty of patience!
Charlotte is an excellent dance teacher. She is enthusiastic, very good at her job and very friendly too. I highly recommend her.
We started attending Rendezvous for Dancing classes last year and can’t recommend them highly enough! The lessons are well structured with Charlotte and Matt being very patient which is just as well with my two left feet! Great social aspect, great exercise, great organised trips but most importantly we have such a laugh and not always at my expense, mostly but not always!
Great teaching, great patience, great fun.
I’ve never done a dance like this before, the teaching was explained very well, even though I was nervous as I went all by myself with no one to hold my hand, I felt at ease and made sure I wasn’t alone or singled out! Thank you! I can’t wait to progress xx
Linzi Estelle Fearn
Lovely people who make learning to dance fun
Very impressed with the teaching! She explained everything very well, and although I went by myself there was someone to dance with. 5/5!
Amazing dance school with young, enthusiastic dance teacher. They provide a personalised approach with learning at your own pace, which is invaluable. Excellent value for money!
Rendezvous For Dancing
(Sherwin Football Club)
107-117 Harrington Street
Tel: 07504 714 768
Follow us on Social Media
Please like our Facebook page to stay updated with new classes/events
Join our mailing list to stay informed of any News or New Events/Classes
Sun 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Mon 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Tue 1:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Wed 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Thur 1:00 pm - 10:15 pm
Fri 5:00 pm - 10:15 pm
Personal lessons may be available
outside of these times